Welcome to A Big Cats Life

A blog about Life, Love, Art and the Pursuit of Happiness

Tuesday

Man takes pussy home for the night.

Yes I know a controversial headline, but its all true! He really did!

'What?.... Am I on the right blog?' I hear you say. 'Has Davia gone completely mad?'

TRUTH TIME
Yes totally! I have just been reading a few articles about writing headlines that grab, and frankly this is the best I could come up with. Everything always goes back to SMUT doesn't it? It is the best way to get peoples attention. But are they the right people?

BO-DELICIOUS, SWEET REGIONS. (there I go again)
By now all the pervs have moved on already, realising that this is not in fact an adult blog full of tantalising pictures of some sweet nether regions, but rather the rantings of a slightly deranged small business woman.

Then why write such a headline? Research! I just wanted to know, that's all. How many hits does such a headline generate? Why ask? Because I have now been writing this blog for 4 months and am starting to question why I do it. I thought the reason was to allow potential buyers of my designs to get to know the real me, not just a product, but the story behind the product. The sort of person I really am. But everything I write is considered (trying to present the best aspect of me) and I am starting to look AND FEEL a little boring.

IS IT OK TO HAVE STRONG OPINION?
I have tried to break away from this considered style of writing occasionally, but it stresses me no end. Perhaps no-one will like what I write???

But I am who I am, and my life is pretty bloody fantastic. I have a great partner and 3 wonderful kids. I love what I do and I am part of a great community. I have nothing to rant and rave about except how great life is!!! And surely writing about that is going to sound just a little arrogant isn't it?

Boy...... am I asking a lot of questions today? Oh Wait there's another one. :)

BUT JUST MAYBE ..... YOU WANT SOMETHING TO RAVE ABOUT TOO? If the answer is YES! Then maybe my sharing isn't such a bore after all.

ABOUT THE PUSSY.
As I said it is all true. A man did take a pussy home for the night. The man in question was my vet and the said pussy is Jack. He is fine and recovering from a major operation to remove foreign objects from his stomach. He was on a drip all weekend and went home with the Vet for constant observation. What a great vet.

Jack is home again now and getting back to his usual playful self. Only now he has what looks like a giant Zip all the way down his tummy, and half his hair missing. Oh well, less to sweep up!

I am busy getting stock ready for the BNWPS Fair this weekend. I will Post some pics tomorrow.

Davia

7 comments:

  1. Oh (as a vet in a previous life) I have to ask- what foreign objects?(if you don't mind sharing)Puss cats are usually quite discerning about what they put in their mouths (unlike some certain dog breeds I could name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was mostly just gunk, which could have been in there for quite some time apparently. Also down further some rough grassy/stringy sort of stuff. Anyway whatever it was it wasn't coming out and he had a secondary infection in his stomach too, hence the massive dose of drugs I am forcing down his throat for the next couple of days. He has been chasing birds (not catching) and catching mice. The neighbours over the back recently demolished a garage and the mice are now homeless so there is heaps of them aorund. Easy prey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost forgot...I know what you mean about certain dogs too. I also have a Chocolate Labrador. Holly is her name. She will eat anything, but I have to hide the lettuce at the bottom of the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any blogs about cats intrigue me. I'm a cat lover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Barbara. I checked out your blog too and wish you all the best with your journey in the blogging world.

    You gotta love a cat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember operating on 2 Labs that had spent time in the back of the owner's car while attending a horse show. They chewed up and ate a japara, the carpet and a bag of chaff...and both needed surgery to remove the obstruction. Stick with cats lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love having both Jack and Holly around. Having a home based studio can be pretty lonely sometimes ( although fortunately I do enjoy my own company)and the cat and dog always give me someone AGREEABLE to talk to. Ha ha....

    ReplyDelete

Share it

Popular Posts